Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I set my levels in my carbs to 26mm (mine is the later engine number and there was no way the floats could go down to 19) and fired the bike up, it doesn't leak out of the overflow tubes anymore (that was the problem) but when I rev the bike and let go the revs float or hold for a second and don't immediately return to idle.

do the floats need to be adjusted still, or a/f mixture screws on the side of the carbs. how many turns should the be

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
vancouvercafe said:
So I set my levels in my carbs to 26mm (mine is the later engine number and there was no way the floats could go down to 19) and fired the bike up, it doesn't leak out of the overflow tubes anymore (that was the problem) but when I rev the bike and let go the revs float or hold for a second and don't immediately return to idle.

do the floats need to be adjusted still, or a/f mixture screws on the side of the carbs. how many turns should the be

thanks
The symptoms you mention sound more like carb sync. Or an air leak around the intake manifolds.

·
Registered
148 Posts
agree with carbs synchronize comment

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've been reading about carb synching on the site here, its for the 360 but im sure it's close.
When I twist the grip the butterfly's do open at the same time.
I will adjust the a/f mixture, but am not too sure what to look for when i do. the most obvious is that the bike's idles won't hang anymore, but should i be doing the same ammount on both sides when i do it. or one carb at a time, and once that ones good then adjust the other one

thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
vancouvercafe said:
i've been reading about carb synching on the site here, its for the 360 but im sure it's close.
When I twist the grip the butterfly's do open at the same time.

thanks guys!
It's irrelevant unless you back out the throttle speed screws all the way first - then make sure they both start moving at the same time......

As for the air screws, turn one side at time, you should hear the idle increase and decrease. Find the point where it idles fastest on each side. They will be more or less the same turns out if all is cool.....
These screws will have no effect on whether or not the idle "hangs up"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts