Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its time for my next project - my little 65cc Benelli aka Faust. In disassembling the bike and cleaning a bit I could not tell if there was oil in the fork or not. On my Honda Trail CT70 it does not have oil in the forks just compression springs and I don't know if this one is the same. Is there an easy way to tell if there should be oil or not?

Attaching pictures for review.
Auto part

Auto part Ammunition Cylinder Hardware accessory

Auto part

Tire Bolt cutter Metal

·
Registered
293 Posts
When I was about twelve my neighbor had a Benelli mini, prob same as yours. It was a cool little bike, faster than our z50. Two stroke.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep its a cool little bike. I think I'll go with no oil in the forks initially and then if the front end is too "springy" then I will drop in some 20wt oil.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi mate. I am rebuilding a benelli. Did you find any new dust seals?
Hey - Just resurfacing. No I have not been able to find any dust seals so I am using neoprene dust seals and running 4oz of 20wt oil. I was able to get them completely apart - have to twist ccw and they thread out with the spring and all. Looks like they run a little oil to keep things lubricated. Sent mine out for cerakote and will post the results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.