Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new gas cap and latch assembly for a 72 cb450.. got charged $118.00 and 3 weeks later have not seen or heard anything despite repeated attempts to contact the seller, (email and voice mails) today their phone says its "temporarily disconnected" has anyone else had dealings with this company positive or negative?

http://www.vintage-japanese-motorcycles.com/

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
That link is not working for me and I'm sorry to hear about your problems. For my K3 450 I was able to the cap and latch directly from Honda and I don't recall it being quite that much.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the cap and latch were each about 55 with some shipping.. new in package I could have done a little better, but I was drinking when I ordered it ..... guess I'll see what paypal says....

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Did you buy them on Ebay, through Paypal?? If so, then you may have some good luck with a refund. If you bought online (not Ebay) and used Paypal then don't expect a refund from them EVER. Paypal will not protect you on any transaction unless it's on Ebay and even then they drop the ball..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm, yep just online, not ebay.. well maybe the seller will come out of the woodwork and ship my parts, paypal contacted them for resolution.should hear something on the 10th. keep you all posted.

·
Registered
785 Posts
ihatespeed said:
hmm, yep just online, not ebay.. well maybe the seller will come out of the woodwork and ship my parts, paypal contacted them for resolution.should hear something on the 10th. keep you all posted.
Paypal rocks.
Good luck.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well its been a month and now the sellers phone is disconnected, still no order status change and no word from them, guess I'll add them to my short list of F*&^ers to never deal with again, like exotic sport bike.. (they did eventually send my seat, but it took all frickin summer.)

so buyer beware I guess..

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Paypal is almost as bad as Walmart. Please let us know if Paypal does anything to get your money back, which I doubt they will..

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, advanced cycle never responded to the claim, so paypal found in my favor.. refund in 5 days if the seller's account can cover the 118.00.. not holding my breath, but hopefully paypal will at least black ball them.. got a street view of the business address and its a house.. should have checked that first I guess..

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Unless you can clearly see a number on that house, don't trust Google maps. The addresses are way off.

You'll likely get your money back if they continue to not respond, but if they contest it, you probably won't get squat.. I've been through it all, several times.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks good, got my money today, claim is closed.. turned it into some Cappellini parts ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts