Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just finished up a little guide to tightening the chain on my 75 CB200. Advice from any moto yodas is more than welcome! I'm a bit intimidated to take the next step of swapping the sprockets and chain. Can anybody recommend a US source for the sprockets (I have a replacement chain already) and specialized tools? Thanks as usual, this community is so much more pleasant than some others out there on the 'net. :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Excellent video. A couple of things I'd like to add. First check the tension with your weight on the bike, it often is tighter with the weight. When lubing the chain lube on the inside surface instead of the outside.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
FWIW, I don't trust the index marks, without verifying they are true. Carefully measure from the center of the axle to the center of the swing arm pivot bolt, on both sides; the measurements should be exactly equal. If not, note the difference, and make a note of which is different, so you can compensate.
Also, standard cotter pins eventually fail; I use one of these, from my local HW store: https://www.pivotpins.com/products/bs-hair-pin-cotters.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts