Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my gauges are stripped and not reading at all. Going to replace and maybe have them rebuilt someday if thats even possible.

The gauges i’m getting don’t have indicators and I am looking at adding a honda indicator panel. With the twin, am I only able to add the vertical indicator or am I able to wire the horizontal one?

I prefer the look of the horizontal even though there will be no use for the oil light, which makes me think I should keep it minimal and use the vertical style.

This winter I replaced both the speedo and tach cables thinking it wasnt my gauges but after some spring riding, they aren’t even close anymore.

Any thoughts or experience getting these hooked in with the harness on a 72?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
971 Posts
The wiring should be simple if you're using Honda parts. All of the wires will match up by color with what's already in your harness. A few terminals or connectors might need to change, but that's simple enough.

Vintage Connections - Motorcycle Terminals and Connectors - Vintage Connections for all the parts you might need.

If you plan on using something aftermarket or from another manufacturer, that's possible as well. We can walk you through the necessary changes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wiring should be simple if you're using Honda parts. All of the wires will match up by color with what's already in your harness. A few terminals or connectors might need to change, but that's simple enough.

Vintage Connections - Motorcycle Terminals and Connectors - Vintage Connections for all the parts you might need.

If you plan on using something aftermarket or from another manufacturer, that's possible as well. We can walk you through the necessary changes.
Thanks, bought the horizontal and gauges. Will update when parts arrive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts