Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
I have successfully used a 3 jaw puller and an air impact wrench but I don't recommend it. The chances of damaging the stator are too great.

Some people have used the rear axle bolt so you might check to see if your threads from your rear axle match up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You mean damage to the rotor?? I have already removed the stator. Yeah I'm not the point to try the impact on the puller although it did cross my mind. :)

i have heard of the axle bolt. Im gonna check that out later.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
rashin said:
You mean damage to the rotor?? I have already removed the stator. Yeah I'm not the point to try the impact on the puller although it did cross my mind. :)

i have heard of the axle bolt. Im gonna check that out later.
Did I say stator??? I meant the armature (rotor).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's M14x1.5 fine thread for future reference

...just walked out of ace hardware with it!

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Pretty sure it's 16mm JIS (1.5 pitch)...... The 350 rear axle does work...... My tool is a section of 350 axle with a right-angle handle welded on it.... Been using it for years....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To clear this up, I was rebuilding a CB125 at the time. It called for the same tool to puller the rotor as the 350, so I assumed the thread was the same. However, the threads are different. In conclusion, the axle thread size worked great for both bikes (14mm for the CB125, and 16mm for the CB350)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts