Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I thought the hardest part would be to figure out exactly how to place the dust seals. One with a steel collar and one without on each side of the swing arm. Steel collar to the inside. If that is incorrect I hope someone corrects me.

Regardless of how the seals are installed though, you still have the same amount of room to work with. This fit is not snug, it's darn near 1/8" short of room :evil:

Do I need 4 hands to hold this assembly so I can sledge hammer it into place [email protected]#[email protected]

Do I need to remove it and sledge the frame tabs out a bit? I know I had to whack it good to get it out, but Aarrrggh! And yes, the frame is empty, there is no motor or nothing holding the lower frame tight together, just the rear fender and grab bar have been cinched into the empty frame.

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
If it is like the 175, the rubber cups go inside against the frame... Then the swingarm with its bushes with the collars inside them.....then the outer cap (metal)/seal with the shaft going through......

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I opened another beer and went out and started over. Without any bushings, the swing arm just just barely fits over the inside frame member (this is a CL200 by the way), all the slack is on the outside of the swing arm and the frame. It fits snugly with only the seal and the metal collar on the outside.

I'll try again in the morning with both seals (each side) and see what I get. I took it out, so I should be able to get it back in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts