Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this may not be the forum to put this in and please no Jeff Foxworthy jokes about us ********, but heres what I've done.
You know that old bed frame you've got sitting round.
Well I've turned it into a couple of engine stands for putting back together my SL 175 engines.
One of the frames is built to acsept the top of the engine case in the upside down position to install the crank, trans gears, and other associated parts.
The other is made to take the engine in its normal position to get the top end back together.
A couple of pics to show.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Nice one man :D I'm a massive supporter for recycled building matter. The last kitchen I worked at renovated their dry-store shelving. They were gonna throw the old laminated chip board in the trash, but I got in early and dismantled it myself (keeping all the wood screws) and took the boards home.

Since then I've made a record shelving unit (yes, vinyl will NEVER die), shelves for my dvds and videos, small TV cabinet, and a bunch of shelves in my shed. Didnt even need to buy screws to put these things together :cool:

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
So,,,, gotta ask. Are you sleeping on the floor now?
:p
Great idea and nice job by the way.
Don

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dlslick said:
So,,,, gotta ask. Are you sleeping on the floor now?
:p
Great idea and nice job by the way.
Don
Well Don,
Not yet, I still have one more old frame sitting around, but if the need comes up the one under my box spring will have to be sacrificed :lol: .

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
That is exactly what I am looking to build. Thanks. Have you run the motor while it's mounted in the stand?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you still find old bed frames? They were common in the 60s and 70s but I haven't seen one for ages. I don't know what the steel was, but it was a lot tougher than mild steel. I built a trailer frame out of bed-iron, and there was most of a bed holding together my rusty old Cortina (those were the days!).

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Auction houses and flea markets, though you'll likely have to take the mattress too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts