Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything you want-- anything! For any Japanese bike from-- I'm going to guess, late 60's to early 90's. Frames, motors, fenders, tail lights, swing arms, hubs, wheels, YOU NAME IT!!
Some have been sitting out side for years. Many have seized from sitting.
Hundreds motre have been inside, out of the sun. Many have titles.
Someone here was looking for a cheap 650 Yamaha with a title. How about a 1981 with 14K on the clock, motor turns over-- owner claims will start with fresh gas-- with a title for $550.00? I couldn't see it too well, the tank is dented. Owner says will give a good custom painted tank along with bike.
FJ1100's, Gold Wings, Ventures, a Yamaha Seca 650 turbo, my old yamaha 550 Vision, Honda Sabres, Hurricanes, CB175 singles and twins. 550 fours

Spread the word.

Here is the deal. It's owned by an old black gentleman. It is in a very, very bad part of town. 2 murders in last 18 months, both within view of the building where these bikes are stored. Drug dealers making deals in broad daylight, walking in circles in the midle of the street gesturing and talking on cell phones.
He is quite old. I thought-- when he dies, they could auction this stuff off and make a good amount of money. Then I thought-- who in their right mind would come here with cash in their pocket for an auction? It would be like a smorgasboard of dumb ******* just waiting to get robbed. I have been there twice. Each time, I was scared witless.
I had hoped to buy the bike Bill mentioned in Elyria but, after missing the BUY IT NOW, then being told it was re-listed (but unable to find it on E-bay), then getting an e-mail from the seller telling me the two previous buyers backed out and if I want it-- I could have it. Then, I find out he wants $100.00 more, then he said by Pay Pal-- by tonight, then he writes and changes his mind and says by the next day-- in person, in cash, I got a bad feeling about the whole thing.
So, I found this one. It was a struggle to decide-- should I drive down there --18 miles away and have a 50/50 chance of not coming back? Or, drive 427 miles for a similar one near Baltimore, MD? Tough decision. I decided to go down there early in the morning on the coldest day there was (last Thursday). When he walked thru the door, I about gasped. There were about 100 bikes sitting there. Then, we went through another door-- another 100 or so bikes-- I was flabergasted. But, then, we walked through yet another door into this huge 15000 SQ foot former tool and die shop and it was wall to wall, handlebar to handle bar, tail light to headlight old bikes. Not old-old. Non are really colectable. No harleys, no Euro/Brit bikes. Only Japanese bikes. I felt I had walked into a mausoleum full of historical relics. Actually, it was so sad to see them all siting there. I'm guessing at least 500 bikes in all.

So, if you know anyone needing -- literally anything, ask me. I'll ask him and get a price. I'll take the pictures and do what I can. He doesn't want to tear apart engines. He will sell a complete engine or any part that can be easily removed. He's not going to pull a wheel to get a circlip off a hub. You'll have to buy the wheel or the engine or set of forks-- what ever. A caliper or tail light aor shocks/exhaust/tank/seat -- should be OK. Ask. I'll see if I can help this guy get rid of this before he dies. He had a stroke. His right side of his face is paralyzed and he can't remember words and slurs his speech. He doesn't like dealing with the public or talking to people. He is pretty much computer illiterate. But, he's one smart cookie.

Just ask.

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Might there be a titled 160 Honda?.... Or a Titled C 200 (touring 90cc)?...Either one would make it worthwhile for me to drive and get it/both if it was reasonably priced... A friend saw my (for my daughter) cafe' C200 project and wants something similar..... I could use the 160 sloper engine... and any fixable or running 90 cc Honda engine.....Steve

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
66Sprint said:
Might there be a titled 160 Honda?.... Or a Titled C 200 (touring 90cc)?...Either one would make it worthwhile for me to drive and get it/both if it was reasonably priced... A friend saw my (for my daughter) cafe' C200 project and wants something similar..... I could use the 160 sloper engine... and any fixable or running 90 cc Honda engine.....Steve

Didn't see a 160 sloper-- or any 160 that I could identify. Doesn't mean it isn't there. I doubt I've see 10% of what he's got.
I'll call tomorrow (he rarely answers his phone-- I have to leave a message). Sometimes it's a day or two before he calls back. The guy is well into his 70's.

you want a CB or CL160
and a C200 (sorry-- that isn't ringing a bell). It's a 90cc? Does it look like a CB100 or???? I'll try looking it up on my web browser image search

1 - 4 of 4 Posts