Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying out https://cubeupload.com/
it's a donation supported service, you can create an account but an account isn't required to use the service.
embed images the same way we used to with photobu**** but no annoying adds popping up every other second.

test:

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Furniture Table Drawer Wood Sideboard

There, I finally got it to work. it's a bit different on other forums I use.

Here you have to click the 'Insert Image' button above and a little window opens asking for the image URL, easy!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
View attachment 204369

There, I finally got it to work. it's a bit different on other forums I use.

Here you have to click the 'Insert Image' button above and a little window opens asking for the image URL, easy!
If you cut out the middle man, and post the image directly ( post image. From computer. Then just click the file from the drive). It will be hosted by Honda twins. (and be around as long as the site is)

As we have discovered 3Rd party image sites go bust and leave the Internet full of broken links

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes that's true, but some of us will still choose to use them as they make our threads more illustrative and easier to follow on any device.

I took a look and they do have an android app.
Its a little odd getting started, just hit the help link and there'll be a login button.... easy from there, just remember to hold your phone so the images are oriented correctly and make sure your resolution is set low enough so your photos are sized well for posting on the web... I'll use it on my next long ride.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Yes that's true, but some of us will still choose to use them as they make our threads more illustrative and easier to follow on any device.

I took a look and they do have an android app.
Its a little odd getting started, just hit the help link and there'll be a login button.... easy from there, just remember to hold your phone so the images are oriented correctly and make sure your resolution is set low enough so your photos are sized well for posting on the web... I'll use it on my next long ride.

Cheers.
Sorry, could you explain what you mean?
How you post a picture doesnt affect how illistrative or easy a thread is to follow....
And all of the images ive ever posted (directly to Hondatwins) has been at full resolution that way you can zoom in and see detail. Posting images at 72dpi seems like a waste of time for anything bar showpony pictures
Key Material property Fashion accessory Metal Tool

Heres a pic posted directly to Hondatwins via android no post processing, just take a picture on my phone and post it directly nothing could be easier, and it will be around as long as this thread.
If your site goes bust the plywood bike lift in your posts will turn to this Font Auto part Speedometer Technology Gauge

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My photobucket account is still available for me to log into at will, I've lost nothing.
When researching this or that I often find forum posts that I can read, but I won't be able to see any uploaded photos without a member login. I've joined forums just for that purpose, what a waste of time that was. If I need to look up a detail of my own build, I won't even have to log in, I can view it as a guest.

Essentially it comes down to how you use web forums and what you expect to get out of the experience. I know the shakeup with photobucket threw a lot of people off the concept, but if you look at it differently it prompted a lot of us to stop looking to the past and start thinking of new directions to take our projects.

I won't convince anyone that one way is better than another, we all have to choose our own methods. Will you use a hacksaw or plasma cutter? Ratchet or combination wrench? Paint or chrome?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
That's all good Alan ,
But I didn't say you couldn't see your photos , just no one else could ( in the Photobucket example ) it could easily be some other version which a picture of a kitten? Or any of the other broken link indicators. Either way if the 3rd party goes down all your images will go with it.

I post pictures , to illustrate points, to explain detail, to show a tool I made ,or part swap I'm atttepting, or something I like .
None of these things require a separate host

Honda twins doesn't require loging in to vew pictures. You can see them if you're a member or just a watcher

The point which I'm trying to make is that it's just not required on this site.
Its great that you like it,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts