Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming to the end game on my CJ360T build and have come across a couple of things which are puzzling me.
1. The rear brake. The actuating arm is touching the swinging arm and the brake plate looks like it is over rotated in an anti clockwise direction. I have checked the torque arm length and it is correct. This could just be me of course and all may be well.
image5.jpg
image4.jpg

2. The front wheel spindle looks to be sticking out a bit far on the left as you face the bike. I dropped the end caps off the forks to look and the machined surface at that side (non threaded) . It appears that the spindle is sitting a fair way out to the left. The spindle nut is threaded out on the right side but there is still a bit of play. Could it be that the hex head goes to the inside of the fork? Haynes is less than helpful. Any ideas?
IMG_0086.jpg
IMG_0089.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oki Doki. Question 2. As suspected I had the spindle nut on back to front. Very easily sorted but dropped the bike off the bench as I was chocking up the centre stand. Luckily no damage.
Question 1 supplement. Should this (silver) brake arm be straight?
IMG_0090.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I just popped in the garage to look at mine. I don't have my engine installed yet so I don't have my rear brake pedal + arm installed. However the rear brake "bar" is installed. My rear brake hub is rotated about 15 degrees anti-clockwise from the 6:00 position.

IMG_2739.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts