Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a new rider, new wrencher, and brand new forum member.

I am having a really hard time finding information and parts for my 1984 Honda CM250C. I'm in desperate need of a new pilot screw (or air mixture screw depending on who you talk to). Mine wasn't seated right and ended up falling out while I was riding to work the other day leaving me stranded until I was able to limp it home. Not an idea first solo ride to work for me, but a good learning experience.

Are the carbs/parts from ANY of the other Honda models, or even other japanese bikes interchangeable? Could I use those from a CM? The Clymer's manual I was able to find covers an extremely wide range of bikes (Twinstar, Rebel 250, Nighthawk 250 1978 - 2003) but finding specific information on the CM250C, especially the 84 is almost impossible.

Bottom line, I'm lost and looking for help finding a new pilot screw... any maybe a better manual.

Thanks so much
Jen

Here is a picture of me the first time I took the carb out. That was a fun experience, where I swore more than I thought possible.

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Compare part numbers on the fiches at your Honda dealership....same number= same part......

The earlier models used (superseded to) the same mixture screw that was used on the CB/CM 400's...
I suspect it will fit and work for you.....Part number 16010-413-405

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information.

I ordered a kit for a Keyster carb kit for a CB250 and it didn't work.

I am thinking of taking a risk on the pilot screw for the 82 - 83. It seems that there is virtually nothing out there at all for the 84 CM250C. It was the last year that they were made, and they only made them from 81-84. I'm really new to motorcycles, parts, and all the fun that comes with owning and working on my own bike. I might just order this kit K-1427HK if I can find one for a decent price.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Why didn't you order the Honda part at Honda?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why didn't you order the Honda part at Honda?
That wasn't the part I needed, but I have emailed my local dealer to see if they can find the repair kit for me, but it's tricky when the parts don't technically exist for your make/model. I had to first figure out if the CB parts would work, but they won't. So I'm hunting for this 16010-413-405.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The part number for an '83 mixture screw is 16016-KC2-970 which replaces the 16016-413-751 screw for the CM400's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts