Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking to swap out the 16" mag on the 450 to go with comstars, 19 front and an 18 rear. Any issues I should be aware of, I am also looking to get new rear shocks, with the 18 rear, size wise for shocks any recommendations, notes of caution.

Much appreciated,

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Moved to SOHC Tire section
The Comstar wheels will be a direct swap, you'll want longer shocks but not the CB400T since they mount differently. 340mm eye to clevis are what you're looking for. The front end swap is a bit more complicated since you're switching from a drum brake to disc. Minimally you need the left lower fork slider so the caliper has a mounting point, right side doesn't matter. Then you need all of the hydraulics for the disc brake. Speedo drive is the same but going to a 19" means getting a new one to match the wheel size or you can use the 18" one and know the speedo is off.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Forgot to mention that by using the 18/19 wheel combo your tire sizes change by more then rim diameter. A CB400T uses a 100/90/18 rear, 110 is max. The front is a 90/90/19, 100/90/19 is max

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jim, sorry for the late reply. So I picked up the comstars off of a 78 400T I believe it was. 19" in the front with a 19x3.5 tire and an 18" rear with a 18x4 tire. I was able to get the whole front end with disc, so I am using both sides of the lowers from the donor. I bought a retro brake lever/master and went with the hydraulic in line sensor. I have rebuilt the brake calliper replaced the cylinder, pads and seals as the one in it was really pitted. Big cylinder 38x38 mm!!!

Question do you by chance know if a 2013 CRF triple tree will work on my CM450e, stem lengths seem the same, what else do I need to confirm for size.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts