Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently built myself a mini-moto shop in my back yard, since I was determined to complete my first bike build over the winter. I popped up an insulated 10x16 lofted shed and got to work setting up my space. I was able to complete the shop in just under 3 weeks! I got started right away on the build, using an 83 cb650sc that I scored from my little brother. It had been sitting in my parent's yard for a few years under a ****ty tarp but it had ran when it was last stored.

I decided since I was going to build this, I might as well enter a builder's collective that I had been watching for a while. If you were chosen, you were given gift cards by the sponsors, and would have access to so much knowledge from the other builders! I got picked, so now I have a pretty tight deadline. I have to ride the bike from Boston to Columbus on Memorial Day weekend.

I don't know anyone else who has used this particular bike to make a chopper. It's shaft-driven and doesn't have a lot of aftermarket options. I have a pretty solid idea of what my end goal is. I'm now teaching myself how to tig weld well enough to build a safe hardtail frame. My current plans are to add on over stock length forks, length TBD, taller bars, a sissy I build myself, a new seat by Keith's Custom Seats (alligator), and a forest green and gold paint scheme.

Here's a few pics of the shed and bike before, after, and in progress!! How dope is that front wheel?!

I also have a 72 cb175 build going with some girlfriends, although we've only just stripped it down. I have another 72 cb175 of my own that I'll be working on after this. I have a stock 75 cb200T that I putt around on and plan on keeping stock. My daily driver bike is a 16 Harley Lowrider S, stage 4, but I have such a love for older Hondas. They're so reliable! (Guess which bike just went in the shop for an oil issue? Not a Honda!)

Anyone with solid knowledge of this particular bike, I'd be thrilled to hear from you.

IMG_7204.jpg
IMG_7638.jpg
NightHawk1.jpg
IMG_7904.jpg
IMG_7900.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Looks like the beginning of a long story. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Great job on the mini shop.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I always liked those wheels. Are you planning a hardtail with shaft drive? Its been done but you'll need to use DOM tubing and some extra frame gussets. Have you been to some of the chopper sites? Honda CB 750 Choppers!
and
https://www.chopcult.com/default.php

will both have lots of good info from wise members who ride what they build.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts