Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, second post here. I posted over on the introduction forum about my bike and the things I want to change or fix on it.
(http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/23-member-introductions/95137-new-ia-member-82-nighthawk-450-a.html)

One of them is the handlebars. There's an aftermarket set on right now that I don't really care for. I want something straighter and lower, more like the CBR I used I own, I guess.
I'm not sure what the stock bars were like, but I'm guessing those will be closer to what I'm looking for. Failing that, are there any aftermarket sets you guys can recommend?

Also, is there a guide or post out there for things to be aware of when changing bars? I haven't do so before and I'm not sure what to look for or how difficult it is.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
IMHO, stick with the stock CB bars (they are lower than what's on there now). The actual stock bars are much lower, have good position, and enhance handling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMHO, stick with the stock CB bars (they are lower than what's on there now). The actual stock bars are much lower, have good position, and enhance handling.
Great! Thanks for the confirmation on that. I've been looking for the stock bars, but the only ones I've found so far (eBay) appear to have some damage. Any other ideas on where to find them?
And when it comes to replacing them, would you say it's simple? Something a newbie could do alone? I'll have to check out some videos I suppose.

Thanks for replying!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Reactions: rdxj

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Dan. Not to steal the thread but that is a great price on those oil filters. Do they include the two rubber rings? Any flooding problems with you in the last Windsor area storms?

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Hey Dan. Not to steal the thread but that is a great price on those oil filters. Do they include the two rubber rings? Any flooding problems with you in the last Windsor area storms?
Yup, they do. both orings came with every box so far. Just like the Fram CH8009 filter does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts