Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Attempting to fix no spark;

In testing the stator I have found that the light blue wire coming out of the stator has no continuity with any other stator wires.

From what I have read from the cdimagician is that it should have continuity to the brown wire, which it is not showing.

And from a FSM it should have continuity with the green wire...which doesn't really make sense to me because that would be ground right?

Anyway here's a photo of what I found once I got the rotor off, are these connections factory? I've never seen any unprotected wire connectors like this, especially in an area where electrical isolation seems important.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Someone wired in a replacement pickup coil, that's not how Honda did it. I'd cut/grind that crimp off trying to save as much wire as possible. Then solder with heat shrink for insulation and maybe you'll get lucky. Otherwise it's fresh stator time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone wired in a replacement pickup coil, that's not how Honda did it. I'd cut/grind that crimp off trying to save as much wire as possible. Then solder with heat shrink for insulation and maybe you'll get lucky. Otherwise it's fresh stator time.
Okay, that's what my plan was, I'm thinking that it may be grounding out the pickup coil once it's all assembled thus explaining my no spark.

Will update here once the work is done!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Is it installed now? if so, if you have a volt meter connect your white wire and your blue wire from the stator crank bike over it should be over 10volts ac

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it installed now? if so, if you have a volt meter connect your white wire and your blue wire from the stator crank bike over it should be over 10volts ac
Yes currently installed, I've gone in for the night, will check that tomorrow evening

·
Registered
475 Posts
That,s good for your ignition stator coil, you did try unplugging the black wire with the white stripe that plugs into your cdi? that,s the kill wire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts