Honda Twins banner

82 CM450C Saddlebag Mounting Bracket?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  J-T 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All!

My first bike which I received as a Christmas gift 2 years ago is an '82 CM450C with a whole 2500KM on the original engine :) I'm very happy with this bike. I'm looking to add saddlebags and am a safety oriented lady. I don't wish to throw on saddlebags without some sort of mounting support. I don't need any bag/tire/brakes issues. Having that said, I can't seem to find anywhere that sells a saddlebag mount/bracket for this bike. Anyone have a product in mind or comments on what they've done to their bike? I currently have a "passenger" bag that Velcros around the seat and has 2 bungee cords which does well for limited items but for planning day trips in the summer, I'd like to take my boots off and pack some sandals. All comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

#2 ·
Well you can stop your search for a bracket, nobody makes or made them. I use a rack made for a BMW "R" bike but that's overkill for you. Look at making a bracket that attached to the rear foot peg and extends rearward to the frame/rear fender bolt. A secondary bracket from the rear shock mount back to the rear part of the fender under the license plate would also help keep the bags off the tire

#3 ·
Welcome to the group Leeann. As you can see folks are eager to share their expertise around here. We like for folks to start off with a post in the member introductions section to let us know a bit about themselves and their bike(s). It helps to get appropriate answers to your questions if you include your location in your profile and create a signature with the model of your bike(s). And we really like pictures!:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.