Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I been noticing like a popping from the left carb and I?m not exactly sure what it is... maybe a backfire going into the carb? Idk. I know it?s the left because I can see it move or almost bounce when the popping sound happens. On top of when I put my hands in both of the carbs while it does it , it is only the left one doing it...it?s kjnda of annoying and not to mention it will also do it while riding if holding the throttle steady and therefore it kinda upsets the bikes smoothness

any ideas as to what the problem might be?

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
What condition are your carb to head insulators? If you can see the carb moving when it backfires, I would think you have a vacuum leak in the insulator.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldnt be surprised becuase i noticed that these carb boots were custom "fixed" with appears to be a double bubble like material beforehand...any idea if the orignals are even available anymore or is there a good subsitute? any idea what size i should be looking for?

·
Registered
9,797 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks! unfortunately it says its out of stock :( its a shame too since they seem like a decent price

1 - 6 of 6 Posts