Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Hinkley, CA. My Honda twin has 4 wheels and a steering wheel and loves to play in the dirt as well as fly along a paved road. I've had about every engine in my buggy from the original gy6 to a 12hp Briggs and Stratton and even a Yamaha dt400 two stroke in my little single seat buggy in the past two years. Blew every one of them up and was looking for something that could take the abuse of me and the Mojave dessert without needing to be replaced or rebuilt every couple of months (or less). Then a friend gave me this '82 cb450sc he had in his yard. It was 99.9% complete, but it was froze up solid from sitting for five + years. I pulled the plugs and could see the cylinders were a little rusty so I sprayed some kroil penetrating oil in them, hooked up a battery charger and went to a friends to get a few parts I knew I would need to put this together. When I returned I put the trans in second gear and rolled the bike forward and back until the motor freed up. Put a little gas in it and hit the starter button and it turned about five or six revolutions and fired. It ran like crap, but it ran, and didn't have any noises that made me cringe. That was all I needed to know. I'll post more details and pix later since this is just an intro. So do I qualify as a Honda twin owner?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jim. Can you tell me how to upload pix from the gallery on my phone? When I hit "upload photo" to put pix in an album on my profile, I get an empty box that pops up on my screen. Any idea how to fix this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts