Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to forum and looking for the FSM for these bikes the 82 needs a lil love but runs and drive and will be my commuter bike and the 84 is a bin bike (and bad starter clutch) and will need complete resto and yes I am going café style lol but its all there with papers for both bikes for 700$ CAD

also can the starter clutch be rebuilt or is it a complete replacement?

Cheers Bryan

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see more 400 series here. Got any pics of them to share? The starter clutch is on the crankshaft on these, so , it requires removing the engine, and removing the crankshaft. They can be rebuilt, but it is a major operation.

You will need a proper factory service manual.

PM sent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thank you guys for the love iv been browsing this forum for quite some time and I already knew the starter clutch was on the inside of the case.
I am down to the clutch removal as it is now, waiting on the special stupid socket from china to remove the clutch and keep going on the spare cb450sc (also have a spare rebel450 engine with same issue (I know they don't bolt up to the hawk frame but it was cheap and it would be a good kart engine))
iv also rebuild the spare fork because mine failed inspection and I already had the seals and some atf in the shed I am just waiting on the seal o-ring retaining clip as the ones I removed were unusable.
I am looking for a rebuild kit for these as I understand its a common flaw
I will try to upload pic of the running bike theres not much left on the other but the frame and swinger everything else is in boxes in the shed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts