Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.....attaching some pics of my project. Looking good so far but still a lot of work to go. I have rebuild kits coming for the carbs, new throttle and choke cable, have UNI pod filters. I'm trying to decide what route to go with the exhaust. Trying to keep this build on the cheap so I would like to modify and just weld up some straight pipe/pipes IMG_20140329_153646.jpg IMG_20140329_153634.jpg IMG_20140329_153620.jpg IMG_20140329_153539.jpg for it using the two-into-one pipe that's on it now and maybe just wrap it. Would you guys advise against this? Or will rejetting make it safe? If so, with pods and straight pipes, what jets would you recommend starting with while I have them apart to rebuild them?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I recently switched to pods on my cm450e (1982) and put 115 mains in with 118 secondaries. I could definitely go a bit leaner on the main and richer on the secondary, but the bike runs really well overall (no problems starting/idling, no significant dead-spots, maxes out around 95mph). I don't know what model yours are, or the stock jet sizes, but longdistance rider has a stickied thread on this forum that should answer that. In general, it seems like there will end up being a disproportionate change between the primary main and the secondary main (greater increase required for the main primary).
I will say, as will others, that it is expedient to make one change at a time and perfect the jetting for each (either change pods or exhaust, get the jetting right, then change the other and get the jetting right again).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts