Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys. I’ve owned my bike for years, it’s never given me much issue at all. However I had it stored for 2 years now and got her out yesterday and tweaked the carb air/fuel a little and she fired right up like a top. Love them Honda’s. Anyhow I hopped on intending to go for a ride as it has been a while, but after I put her in gear and pulled ahead to put air in the tires, I looked down to see oil seemingly coming from everywhere. Keep in mind that she sat running just fine for a bit before I put her in gear, no oil at that time. I’m hoping you all have some insight into my problem

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Did you leave the petcock on when it sat? Or is it a vacuum-operated petcock? If so, and it has a manual shut-off position, you should probably start doing that when it's parked. I'm guessing one of the carbs slowly overflowed and it weeped by an open intake valve and fuel got into your bottom end, overfilling it with oil and the crankcase pressure pushed it out the crankcase vent hose. Check the oil for fuel contamination and change it immediately if you smell fuel... hopefully you didn't run it long

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
Sounds like a failed/popped oil seal on one of the shafts to me......"Everywhere" usually means a lot of oil....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts