Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says I'm in need of a brake caliper piston to replaced the very corroded one I have now.

Thanks in advance...
Josh

·
Registered
785 Posts
Wow, they sure do list for a lot of money at Honda.
PISTON
45107-413-003
$73.43

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've found them online but the sticker shock is what got me. I was hoping to find a used one in decent condition.

Service Honda has them for $66.66
Bike Bandit is $80

I might take this to a local machine shop and see if they could weld it and turn it back to spec.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
It would just corrode again. It has to be chrome plated, or made of plastic. You could have one made from stainless, but it'd cost you as much as a new one, actually more..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I hate to be the one to tell you, but you're probably gonna have to bite the bullet and buy a new one. Finding a decent used one won't be that easy I figure. They all corroded from people leaving old brake fluid in the system too long.

GB :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True, I wouldn't even hesitate on the new one except we're going on week 5 of being cut to 30 hr weeks. I've essentially lost a week's pay every month now so the parts budget has been slightly decreased..........hence Kim's bike is still not on the road. Such as it is, its still a fun project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts