Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I picked up a basket case bike a few weeks ago and I'm trying to get everything wired in correctly. Hopefully I can get spark soon.

Can anybody tell me what I'm missing? I'm sure that it isn't all there. Mainly with pictures #3 and #4. Especially the unused connector (photo #3). Will any of these remain unused since it's kick start only? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Nope, still there, try this:

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/Honda%20CM400T%20Wiring%20Diagram%201979%20(4).pdf

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Here's a color print of the kick only T1. It should help. BTW, main harness goes over the cdi box (clip missing behind rubber tank mount) and along the left side of the frame.

Hondawiring.jpg

Reactions: snickklefrittz

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a color print of the kick only T1. It should help. BTW, main harness goes over the cdi box (clip missing behind rubber tank mount) and along the left side of the frame.

View attachment 197177
That's perfect, thank you! Could you tell me where the battery grounds to? Is it just any bolt on the frame?

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Yes. Any place with a clean bare metal connection. I have mine on the front battery tray bolt.

Reactions: snickklefrittz

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help everybody. I was able to get spark today! Now it's time for some fuel, wish me luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts