Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 79 400T that having issues with. WAS starting and idling easy but thats it. Any throttle and it got choppy and wouldnt rev. Currently running stack and pods with 90/125 mains and shim under needle. Last test drive it lost all power about 1/2 way into a 1/4 mile loop and basically idled back with throttle at 3/4. Pulled carbs down again cuz I was thinking still a carb issue, plugs are sooty black after 5 mins and she pumps little black smoke under rev at idle. Well after cleaning carbs AGAIN it fired up and ran for a few seconds and that was it. Wont start and very little weak spark. So figured Id test all the electrical now. Black/white wire is disconnected right now. Did a quick ohms test on stator and i got 197.2, 77.2, 196.4 in order of the test from this post. Now the coil test, got 2.7ohms on the yellow/green wire, 5.7K between plug wires and 5.8K in each cap.

So based off that im guessing the stator is alittle weak and suspect but coil defiantly seems bad?? Guess its time for the GM coil mod i just saw too. Any insights on this??

·
Super Moderator
9,863 Posts
I've moved your question to it's own discussion, you'll get more appropriate responses that way. Now that you're here, how about telling us about yourself and your bike(s) in the introductions section. The stickies there will guide you:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but still kinda in wrong section lol I think it’s more of an electrical question. Either way it’s fine, I only commented where I did since was asking about the stator test. I had planned to make a new post on it but ya beat me to it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts