Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having problems with the signal lights . The tail light and head light flicker when I use the signal lights . I have been over every ground on the bike . I have replaced the headlight with a new one . I have installed a brand new rectifier regulator. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Is this only happening at idle or is it while riding? Idle is kind of normal to see some increase/decrease of lighting.
Do you have the FSM?

Moved to SOHC Electrical

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This happens at idle as well as when riding . I've gone over all the grounds . I have replaced the regulator . And all the bulbs . I'm not sure where to go from here .

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
It could be caused by high load from the circuit which draws more voltage to overcome. Each contact, connection and bulb filament has some resistance (load) and as they age and get dirty/corroded that will increase. I'd start with cleaning all of the contact surfaces for the bulbs, replace the bulbs with new and a new flasher. From there it's each and every connection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cleaned everything. I have replaced all the bulbs with brand new . I have cleaned all the sockets and replaced some of the faulty grounds . But still get a draw on the head and tail light .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts