Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have come up empty handed trying to find a RH switch assembly for the CB500T. I'm looking at using the assembly off of a CB750/GL1000. It has the same wiring, the off/on/off switch looks the same, and I'm told the starter button is interchangable between the GL1000 assembly and the CB500T assembly. What I'm needing to know, if anyone has seen both of them, is what physical difference is there between the switch bodies? Is it just the extra throttle cable mount on the bottom half? Is there anything that would physically prevent me from mounting a GL1000 assembly on my 500T?

Any knowledge or help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
No personal experience with that particular swap, but I have had no problems doing other similar ones.....If you do it, plug the "extra" throttle wire hole to keep the internals clean and dry....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I figured. It seemed like the only difference was two throttle cables vs. a single cable. Plugging the vacant one is definitely a good idea :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
John,

Don't do anything yet. I think I have what you need. Let me look around in my parts pile.

Keith

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be awsome! I was able to verify that the only significant difference between the GL1000 assembly and the 500T assembly is the number of throttle cable holes on the bottom shell half. I can find the GL100/750/etc RH switch assemblies all day, but the CB500T assembly I have yet to find a single one of anywhere. I need the whole assembly, inluding wiring though. The idiot PO had put a direct to ground start button with headlight OFF/L/H switch on it from an old 450 or something, so the whole assembly I have is useless.

·
Registered
56 Posts
John,

I found the switch. It appears to be in good shape. The wires are there. They're relatively short with connectors at the end of each. I'm assuming it goes on a CB500T. I got it off of flea-bay back in the summer. I thought I needed it but didn't. The only thing strange about it is that it has a toggle switch for the start button, not a conventional push type. Not sure if this is a variation or if someone did a repair. Let me know what you think.

Keith

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any chance you could post a picture of the front and bottom (inside and out) of it? If it is the right shell, I can make it work. The toggle switch would be a hill jack repair, but I have a button I can make work, and I can get a proper SPDT button that will fit (somebody posted one that fits from one of the electronics sites...) if the switch area of the bottom shell hasn't been modified to make the toggle switch fit. I can build my own wire harness as well if needed. How much do you want for it?

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts