Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hey awktoepie,

We are still in business and we do have exhaust systems.
Omars Fiberglass
I - like many people - run a script-blocker in my web browser to help guard against tracking/ad/etc. scripts. I just saw a blank page when I tried accessing your website. No big surprise there, so I temporarily allowed your website to run its omarsfiberglass.com script on my computer so I could see your 'site. Hmm, still a blank page. So I approved the only other script it was trying to run on my computer (parastorage.com). I still saw just a blank page. At this point, I saw that your website was trying to run several other scripts on my computer (wixstatic.com, doubleclick.net, cloudflare.com (that's a great one to not allow to run on your computer, lol), and who knows how many others if I were to allow those three to run on my computer) - and figured you just didn't want me to see your website.

Regards,

·
Registered
3 Posts
MDM, sorry about that..

I'm not that computer savvy and don't understand what your talking about but this is the first time I've heard of anyone having problems accessing our website.
But I will copy and paste your comments (I know how to copy and paste) and send them to the guy who runs our website and see what he says.
I just went on our website and it worked fine for me, maybe there is something wrong with your computer (just guessing) but it sounds like you know what your talking about.

Respectfully,

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Probably not the best venue for the discussion (apologies to benihana881!), but:

this is the first time I've heard of anyone having problems accessing our website.
If someone has an "unfortified" (I like to call them "ill," lol) web browser that'll let any website run any script it wants to, your website will load and (one assumes) display just fine. However, more and more people are securing their browsers against allowing any and all websites to run whichever scripts they (well... their webmasters) wish to on visitors' computers, due not only to the prevalence of ads but also tracking scripts that share data between different websites, the odd malicious one (some would consider the other two categories to be malicious too :roll: ), et cetera.

People who do run a script-blocker will, upon visiting your website, see nothing but a blank page. Most people who do will think nothing of that and at least temporarily approve the "main" (generally named the same thing as the website) script for the sake of usability. Often, they'll even do so if they don't absolutely have to, in order to access extra features. No big deal.

If that doesn't get them a website where they can at least see something, some folks will just move on. Others will try approving another script, generally one that was also on the list of "this website wants to run these scripts on your computer" list that they viewed when they first tried accessing the website. Alas, sometimes even that doesn't work because the website will, after receiving permission to run some scripts on the user's computer, will then try to run additional scripts (and one or more of those end up being required just to view the content). That tends to put more people off.

I won't say that most people would never notice any of that, lol, but I suppose the typical(?) user won't, so... <SHRUGS> The odds of you losing a significant amount of potential customers is probably quite low. Still, it doesn't take much to design a web page that'll at least display something - even if it's something as simple as your company logo. Many websites will send the user a simple page that tells them to "please enable JavaScript and/or disable your script blocker in order to view this website's content."

I've got a personal rant against CloudFlare. I'm not sure how a small group of people who created a project to collect IP/etc. information (I think it was called Project Honeypot, lol) ended up with such a huge Internet entity in the first place. I know that they were really happy with it and professed the desire to create something along the same lines only bigger - and they end up creating CloudFlare :roll: . But that's neither here nor there, I guess. Their past may not trouble all that many people.

What does probably give more people cause for concern is... Well, they are a very popular company these days. They claim that their services provide a lot of protection to their customers. Interestingly, in January 2014 (latest report I have on hand), HostExloit's World Hosts Report ranked them #2 (in the entire world) for hosts with the highest number of infected websites. So I cannot help but assume that their "protection" does NOT extend to the visitors to the websites that are their customers. And it's not like CloudFlare has the excuse of being a small company to fall back on; they raised 72.1 million dollars between 2009 and 2012 which will buy more than a cup of coffee even today, and Matt Price (CF's CEO) bragged back in March that his company is currently worth one billion dollars and has a 75% gross profit margin and is on track for that to increase to 90% by the time he takes his company public in 2017. The way I see it, if they're worth $1B and taking that high of a profit percentage, they ought to be able to police their websites and if they aren't, it's because they know they are taking at least a not-insignificant amount of their profits from some shady customers... and just don't care.

<SHRUGS AGAIN>.

But I will copy and paste your comments (I know how to copy and paste) and send them to the guy who runs our website and see what he says.
Thanks. I suggest he at least set up a simple page telling people to enable JavaScript / disable their script blocking software. (Personally, I think it's nicer to tell people exactly which scripts need must be allowed to view minimum content, but that's a judgment call on the webmaster's part and not very many of them seem to do it.) I have seen more than a few "store websites" that allowed the user to see the company's logo, browse the usual contact information and "about us" pages, and even view the companies' entire (online) product offering and only ever have to approve ANY scripts if/when they decide to make a purchase. It's not as common as I wish it was. I'd like to see your website be one of them - but I realize it'd make more work for your webmaster (and, therefore, cost you more money) so I don't really expect it. Again, at least something minimal so that everyone who runs script blockers don't get a blank page would be a big plus.

it sounds like you know what your talking about.
Hardly ever, lol. Thank you for passing my comments on to your web guy. I probably should have sent this via PM instead of posting it in this thread (again, apologies to benihana881!), but since I already commented about your website publicly, I thought it'd give me a chance to state that I've got nothing against you or your company. I hope you are doing well (and continue to do so). And thank you for making parts for old Honda motorcycles! (Have you considered making a reproduction Power Chamber for the late '70s - mid '80s 400 and 450 twins, lol?)

Regards,

·
Registered
76 Posts
Has anyone bought the exhaust from Omar's?

How do you like it?
What did it come with?
Did you have to buy anything else? Clamps, gaskets, brackets, etc.
What kind of paint came with the exhaust? Did you use it? How well did it apply?

Thanks in advance for the response.

MechEngStud

1 - 9 of 9 Posts