Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to introduce myself to the Honda Twins community along with my current project bike!

This is Joe here, unfortunately I don't have pics of the bike before I already started some work on it. I did purchase it running. It did not have a seat that fit on the bike (you'll see the pics and it's gone now)...it was purchased all original with only 9K miles on it. I bought it from a guy who had money, but no ambition to put the proper work into building a cafe racer style CB360. His loss, my win I guess. The gas tank was in decent condition, but did not have original decals on it. It was faded and had a lot of paint chipping, so I sanded all of it down, applied primer, and then paint. The prior owner had got the inside of the tank cleaned out very well so it was nice not to have to deal with that.

Don't have pics of bike before painted black...Added new Mikuni carbs, tires, right side license plate, ngk spark plug.

IMG_1597 by jtberg07, on Flickr

Took out the battery box since this picture and took off side brake light. Am currently working with a pro on a custom modded cafe racer seat (aluminum alloy) with cat eye taillight and restoration of electrical.

IMG_1610 by jtberg07, on Flickr

IMG_1598 by jtberg07, on Flickr

Battery has been taken out along with battery box and battery will be held underneath cowl of new seat. Going to look similar to this but with black leather:

1402216_317870758354195_499649576_o by jtberg07, on Flickr

Not using this seat (below); came with bike as purchased but sold it. Added original Honda decals along with knee grips to gas tank. Took off original mufflers and added 12" shorty mufflers. Polished up engine cover and cleaned up front exhaust. Wrapped with 2" Black DEI exhaust wrap.

IMG_1805 by jtberg07, on Flickr

Current Additions and Mods in progress:
-Thinking about low rise bars...

Done-Welded on 12" shorty mufflers with 2" extension
Ordered and working working on it....
-New Master Cylinder and Levers
-"Works" Vintage Shocks
-LED turn signals
-Trail Tech Speedometer/Tachometer
-Mikuni Black/Silver Cone Air Filters
-Steel Brake Line
-GMA single disc brake caliper

*I'm now working with a guy who is very well known in the cafe racer motorcycle scene because he is world renowned for the custom welded seats...he asked I do not mention his name because he's booked for a year already with projects but I'm sure once we get it completed he won't mind...

*Will update with pictures soon and check out my thread on parts I'm parting out!

Thanks for checking out my thread!
-Joe

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Wow !! That is going to be awesome. I can't wait.
Nice work

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice work.

It sure is black!;-)
Thanks J-T! Yea it's definitely a black bomber right now...when it's all done, it should have a more chrome to black 1:1 ratio with some gold highlights (brake and clutch lever clamps), brake caliper, and may need some gold baffles I found because it is LOUD! ha).

-Joe

·
Registered
42 Posts
I forgot to mention; I've been debating between a front fender...should I go OE aluminum or black? Any thoughts?
My preference would be black, but either would look good. Are you going to keep it the stock size or cut it down cafe style ?

·
Sensei
27,168 Posts
Whatever color you choose, please make sure to secure the lower end of the rubber brake hose to the fender bracket.... Without that "hold", the hose will/can actually flex/move enough to break the steel line part.....

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Also, the front fender mount is also a fork brace. You don't need the fender, but the brace is helpful preventing the wobbles. The cb360 forks are flexible enough with the brace. without it, you rn the risk of wobbles, and the bikes just handles less well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts