Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've just reassembled the electrical wiring on my 75 US CB200. Everything matched up well except inside the headlight there appears to be an extra brown wire. See attached diagram. The schematic doesn't account for it but it comes from the primary bundle that connects all the way to the rear of the bike. The brown wire seems to be related to the rear brake. Anyone have an idea if I missed something or is this supposed to be that way? It's solid not brown and white. cb200wiring1.jpg cb200wiring2.jpg

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
It may be, like the 400's and others, an extra to power the parking light bulb in overseas models. Does it have power only in 'park' position of the ignition switch ?

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
Yes, it's the front parking light bulb, comes on with the ignition key in the second position. My CL175 loom is the same. I have left this disconnected, not that I'd ever park the bike with lights on.

It's locked in my brick built garage when I'm not riding it ....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
US CB200 doesn't need the wire

Thanks, it looks like the US CB200 doesn't have a parking light. I looked at the European wiring diagrams and it's there. So I think it safe to say I can leave it as is. Must be using a universal wire housing. Thanks for the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts