Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
854 Posts
That one isn't far from me, been up for a couple weeks probably because asking ridiculous money for a bike with no title.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not having a title makes for a good haggling point but in my experience it isn't the end of the world. I was able to apply for a title and register my '72 CB175 at the Worcester MA RMV on the same day with just a bill of sale and an old CT registration. There was some kind of form involved of course. I recall it matters which state you buy the bike in and how old it is. I received my new title in the mail about a month later...

I have no opinion on the bike in question, just posted it in case it's someone's dream machine :grin:

·
Banned
854 Posts
Glad you were able to get a title, not remotely close to my experience in mass. Was told by RMV no possible way to get a title for Yamaha I had, found it was possible to get a bonded title so I jump through all the hoops, send in my paperwork(last summer), get phone call, that I missed couple weeks later from Armando(who is the only guy in state that deals with untitled vehicles), I returned call within 5 min and get voicemail, I have called and left probably 20-30 messages to no avail. Now I'm getting paperwork together to attempt the Vermont route. A bike in Mass with no title isn't worth anything more than $100 as far as I'm concerned. If any seller tells you how easy it is ask him why he hasn't done it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yikes. Maybe it's easier if the bike is from out of state? I should have written down what I found out, but I do remember going to the RMV while I was still looking for a bike and being told that if the bike is before a certain year and from a certain state I could register it in MA without a title. The cutoff year was different for different states. Based on that I bought my '72 in CT and was able to register it. It took a couple hours at the RMV. I don't remember how I was able to apply for a new title on that day, it's almost like the "helpful" RMV employee just assumed I would want to.

What year is the Yamaha?

·
Banned
854 Posts
Yamaha is an 86’. I would also like to say the people at my local rmv are great. Very helpful actually which is how I know about Armando. I guess when there is only one guy dealing with missing titles you are at his mercy. What options do you have if he won’t return my calls?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Maybe call again and politely ask another employee there in a different department if his voicemail is working and let them know what happened... if the people there are as nice as you've described, someone will likely mention it to him

·
Banned
854 Posts
Apparently Armando is the title office. The only number given for the title department is his. I'm going for the Vermont option instead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts