Honda Twins banner

'74 CL360 Cam cover

Tags
360 cam
2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Ferg 
#1 ·
Can't find a thread for this so hope it is new! Anyone know if there is a torque setting for the cam cover bolts. Brenden from CMC mentions 14 in his video but doesn't specify what system ( ft.lbs, kg.m etc). Just starting to do the rebuild on my CL360. Incidentally I found that the clutch release plate (three ball bearings in a tin plate) is also common to a Kawasaki 400 and can be got! Ferg

#2 ·
First, do you have the FSM? If not, you should get it and read the specs there, not get the spec from someone speaking in a video who has been known to misquote specific information about these bikes in the past (sometimes grossly so). IIRC, those are 6mm bolts so the torque value isn't going to be large. That is interesting info about the clutch release part on the KZ400 (I assume that's the 400 you mention), now people can stop complaining that Honda used a cheesy design... :)

#10 ·
You need an inch/pound for the lower values.
Majority of torque wrenches are more accurate in the middle of scale, if you get a 5-40 ft lbs one it will be very close to accurate around 20ft/lbs (within +/-- 10% is normal for consumer versions) Surprisingly, an automotive magazine did tests including a Harbor freight 'clicker' It was more accurate than they expected and more accurate than some costing a load more money. The main difference though is it probably wouldn't hold up to daily use in a workshop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.