Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my second bike. Why wouldn't I, besides the fact that my CB360 is still torn apart.

I was wanting something that actually ran, that's why. And while this bike does run it's gonna need a bit of TLC.

I paid $800 and he was asking $1100. Very nice guy and super easy/casual purchase so I'm happy.

It wouldn't start at his house. I got it started when I got home. Was high revving quite a bit. I bought some ethanol free fuel from Home Depot and put that in. Hopefully that wasn't a mistake but if it was and you know then feel free to say so. It's leaking from the petcock but that appeared to be pretty loose. Also it's leaking quite a bit of oil from the left side crankcase cover, so I'm gonna drain the oil asap and check on the gasket. Will likely pick up some new screws as these seem pretty boogered. I'll also likely get a bunch of stuff. Too many to list here but the plan is to show some restraint with what appears to be a mostly stock and apparently somewhat rare bike. More rare than the CB anyway. I'd like to restore it as I'm already doing a cafe on the CB and I've never really done anything original/restoration wise.

Only questions I have at this point are who's your favorite online supplier for parts. Bike Bandit seems to have quite a bit.

Also, my boneheaded question, since I can't find the info online, I can't figure out how to lift the seat up. I'm assuming there is a release mechanism and the seat looks hinged at the rear. Just can't get the darn thing up and I don't want to resort to prying/pulling and eventually grabbing a cartoon-sized big ol' hammer.

Also, also, was wondering if there are any online resources for the original service manual as this didn't come with anything.

I might actually start a vlog of my experience with it in regards to the rebuild as there doesn't seem to be much on YouTube. Mostly I'd like to do that so I can get some help and advice from viewers, though I might need a few grains of salt to go with that advice.

Anyway, I'm rambling (and without the aid of coffee no less).

I appreciate any advice or thoughts.

Please and thank you
#picstofollow

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Thanks Tom. I forgot about that site. Guess I'll be bookmarking it and visiting with much frequency.

Looks like maybe it is bolt off and not hinged like I thought. We'll find out soon. Thanks again!
Yeah, it looks like one of the bolts for the rear seat mount is through the grab handle. The front of the seat has the typical "fork" that goes under the tank mount, it appears...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Right side.jpg Left side.jpg

I have a few pics of damage as it looks like it took a spill. Turn signal lens, footpeg, throttle grip, to name a few. Oh and the tank is complete ****e. Dented and also horribly patched along the underside on each side so I'll be in the market for a new one.

Also, I drained the oil and it basically seemed like it was half gas. Very thin. I will smell it again but I think it smelled like gas too. My first guess, if it is gas, is that the petcock was leaking (because I know it was. I saw it) and that it dripped right down into the crankcase. When I took off the cover, I find the o ring to be eroded. It fell off before I could see it's positioning but I assume it would have been eroded at the top, sorta between 10 o clock and 2 o clock. Anyone have experience with this?

I probably also left the petcock open at some point (as did the P.O., likely). I didn't know I wasn't supposed to. Ruh roh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts