Honda Twins banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I saw that bike at Rice-o-Rama in September, the price was $450 then too.

·
Banned
854 Posts
That tank and sidecovers are damn near worth the money alone if they look all over like the pictures seem to show
That's what I told my buddy who lives out that way when he sent me that link last week.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yeah, that Windjammer has probably helped protect the sides of that tank. That's a classic color for the CB450, that set would be nice to have for a decent survivor

·
Banned
854 Posts
Same color as mine, I considered having him get it for me but I don't have space for anymore bikes!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
^^^I thought you might say that - at this point, he could part out those things and get the money he's looking for and still have the majority of the bike left to sell

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I agree he could, but when I spoke to the seller in September he only wanted to sell it whole and apparently still does. More power to him if he's got the space and time to waste.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
True, and good for him in that case - but selling that Windjammer to you wouldn't change the value of that bike a penny... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
It has been a long time since I have seen a 450 DOHC with a Windjammer. 25,000 miles, that is a lot. I bet the engine is due a full rebuild.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Ancientdad, I'm starting to get the feeling you don't love windjammer fairings.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Ancientdad, I'm starting to get the feeling you don't love windjammer fairings.
yeah, I usually refer to them as being like a big piece of plywood in front of the bike. I've tried it in the past with both a handlebar windshield and riding other's bikes with Windjammers and other frame-mounted fairings (Tampa Police KZ1000 too) and it just has never appealed to me... to each his own. as for this thread, I've always felt something that big should be on a bigger displacement bike that can carry it with little diminishment of performance. The KZ1000 had no problem pushing it, nor did it keep the bike from wheelies either - but it has enough motor

·
Registered
77 Posts
I thought of making a trip out to get that bike. It's worth more than that in parts for sure, but I don't have the space or cash at the moment.
Besides I can only handle one old Honda resurrection at a time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts