Honda Twins banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twin Forum members it will be listed to you at 700

I'm selling it because i'm tired of messing with it. I've spent too much time and money for this thing to only have had 40 something miles put on it since i bought it last winter. With no job and this thing bleeding money out of me i'm done with it. I will have pictures on here soon.

I has 16,xxx miles, runs just fine, all gears work just fine but needs someone with the right knowledge.

*Carbs have been recently rebuilt with new parts (K&L)
*Engine was rebuilt since the previous owner snapped the timing chain and bent valves.
*Valve Seats have been ground by me for better sealing
*Used cylinder head
*Used pistons
*Used cam chain
*Clutch plates in good condition.
*New piston rings
*New spark plug caps
*New front Kenda Challenger Tire
*Both brakes lock up full and work great
*All signals, brake light, and headlight work. Horn works as well most of the time.
*Starter and kick starter work.
*New battery

The needs:
Something with the cam chain, its either too tight or something isn't working right because at idle the bike will die. The kick starter does work but for whatever reason the bike will not idle without some throttle. Possibly a back tire in another year of riding. Possibly a new chain, i found a few surface rust spots. Needs mufflers, these are rotted out. Finally it needs a speedo cable. It snapped on a ride in my neighborhood one day. The mileage has changed maybe 2-3 miles since then on test runs.

As said, the bike is almost done but its just too much of a burden now. I have a Kawasaki Triple that never gives me any trouble and i enjoy it much more than the Honda anyway.

You can email me at [email protected]. I'll get pics up here soon but if you would like to know more info about it just let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had an exprience with the K&L carb kits and the reason for the no idle might be because the idle jet is too short. Ran into that problem with my CB500 carbs. @ new honda jets should set that straight.

$4 each I think.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
motoguy23 said:
I have had an exprience with the K&L carb kits and the reason for the no idle might be because the idle jet is too short. Ran into that problem with my CB500 carbs. @ new honda jets should set that straight.

$4 each I think.
The crank was uber hard to turn over. The tensioner is messed up or something. I dont' feel like splitting the case for the 3rd time in under a year. It seems to be getting better but i'd still like to sell this and use the money for my future mx6 drag car.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here it is. I have the airboxes as well. I tac welded the bottom of them so they wouldn't fall off while cruising on the bike. They still bolt on but the upper half of the airbox was tac'd to the bottom half. It was a stupid fix but it worked, and the paper elements are in great shape btw.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dude, I know the feeling. This time last year I sold my 550-4 for $700 after putting over a grand into it the months before. Then I prayed and someone GAVE me a 360 for FREE.
If I had the money, I'd buy it just for backup, but I don't. I just dropped $150 I didn't have into rings,pins, clips, and an entire gasket set 'cuz I had no compression on one side.
Hang in there, man. All you can do is drop the price a little at a time until you get bites. I'm not too proud to say I'm saying a little prayer for ya once in a while. It's going to work out, I swear.
-John Miller(and Hayden)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate it, i think the lowest i'm going on that stupid thing is 500. That would be enough to pay for the turbo mx6 i aquired from my friend. I just wish i could get anything for work. I'd be somewhat pleased to make 8 bucks an hour.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fine, how about 500 dollars!

I really need money to pay for a car. I'll loose 700 bucks on this at least but i have had no offers at all except people claiming to just come and look at it and then they never answer or call back. 500 dollars and its yours.

If nobody takes it i'll chop it up and sell the pieces.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i guess i, i just wish the GD thing would leave already. Someone called about it today saying they wanted to come and look at it. As soon as i said it needs a speedo cable and some mufflers she says, i'm a new rider and no knowledge of how to replace those parts.

I told her the mufflers just bolt on and the speedo cable practically just screws in.....that wasn't enough to change her mind. This thing is such a nuisance. I really need to come up with this money, i just wish someone would make an offer.

I had one offer for 200 bucks, it was a kid.......... he said he could save up about 300 but thats about it. I'm not sure what to do with this thing. I have no desire to fix anything else on it since its been so good to me and i really need the money.

How does ebay work, i think i'll put it on there.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
If you're already a member of Ebay then you can get an idea what it "may" sell for by going to "advanced search" and clicking the box for "search completed listings only".. You have to be signed in to do this. It'll show you what bikes have sold previously for..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Most of the ones i looked at sold for around 4-600 lol.

I did manage to collect a deposit for the future purchase next week though.

He's looking to do a cafe racer and just a bike that can go from school and back instead of his '72 Cutlass.

I may try to buy my friends CB500 after a while as i don't think he has any plans for it at all. Though i haven't talked to him in a few weeks and really i don't want to talk to the guy anymore anyway so i'll probably just pass and focus on finding a way to get a Katana 750. A newer '98 and up generation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts