Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just replaced(cheers!) the points, and now only one cylinder is running. I did notice that the battery was down to 12.2v,so it's charging now. Any suggestions or input welcomed.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
check spark and fuel supply on the non-firing side...By now, I'm sure the points are timed correctly.... SO that's about all that's left (assuming good compression) (You DID plug BOTH coils/points wires back in...Right?)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The left spark plug dropped when I was "working" on the points, and closed the gap. All better :D

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
If you dropped that plug and it closed the gap, AND you didn't notice THAT when installing it, then it's entirely possible that some contaminates stuck to the plug and are now in your engine and you didn't notice it either. I really hope that's not the case but it IS possible..

Fingers crossed.. ;)

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, she seems great. The short ride around town and the brief stroll on the freeway went great. She runs better than ever. Now I know any part that gets dropped should be inspected, even spark plugs. Thanks for the insight :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts