Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i lost one of the spacers on my rear wheel when i had it off for a while (everything got moved around and a few parts disappeared), and now i need to find a replacement.

first thing i have to figure out is which one is missing. there are two parts called the "rear brake panel side collar" and the "rear wheel side collar" which in my manuel look like two different widths (why would they have different names if they were the same width also?). the one that i still have is 30mm wide.

i was wondering if anyone knew or knew how to find out the width of the other part i need, and if i have to buy a replacement or can i just use washers to the specified width?

even if you know which one i have (the 30mm one), that would be helpful so i could start looking to order the other part.

thanks
-pete

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Of the two spacers on the rear axle, you probably have the one on the (rider's) left side, collar B 42311-286-000.
The other (collar A) is longer than 30mm, I think, and is NLA..42620-286-000

286 is a 350 number - both those parts are used on almost every CB/CL/SL 350/360, 350F, many of the later SOHC 400/450 twins.

So you should be able to come up with the part....search on EBay for axles or something, many times the folks will sell the axle/spacer/adjusters/nut as a package for cheep......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i actually found the part but there are a few more that i'm missing, most problematic right now being the rotor setting bolt. again, i think it's just misplaced, but i can't find anywhere to get another one. any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts