Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would start a build thread for my '74 CB360. As always I will provide pictures with my progress, because pictures are the best part, right? I have code named my project CB360-A :ugeek: My plans are take this wonder Honda and add a twist of my personal style while maintaining the "classic/vintage look" of the CB360. I hope you enjoy the progress, and please feel free to give comments, as any input is better than none. And so it begins..............
The First day she came home :D

The classic car & motorcycle show

The the luggage rack

The most recent addition, a headlight stone guard :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: '74 CB360"A" Build Thread

Just picked up my fork gaiters from a local british motorcycle restoration/parts company. Reproductions gaiter for a '70-'75 Norton Commander.

I did wipe the on on the left clean, I think thier pretty sweet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Bobblehead said:
Wow. That bike is pretty close to the way God intended it to be. :mrgreen: Seems to be in fantastic shape. :cool: Don't do anything foolish. :?

I like the rock guard, though. :D
I have a "few" ideas for it ;) . I can assure you that this will not be a cafe conversion. Just some personal touches that CAN be reversed if needed. I must say I do love this bike, I did have an "offer" at a stop light, answer......................Sorry, This bike is NOT FOR SALE :mrgreen:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Latest update, after winterizing the CB I pulled the front wheel so I can clean, check the brake pads and have the tire replaced this winter/spring. I found it to be fairly dirty inside the hub, so I cleaned everything up nicely, then I was just going to relube all the moving parts and call it quits. But, then I had the bright idea :shock: to do some polishing, it was a pain and time consuming then I thought. Here's a pic just before the last buffing and waxing. More pics to come over the winter :D

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts

I spent a bloody fortune bringing mine back to the condition that yours has maintained all these years :evil: :lol: 360 morale is on the rise :cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

ariel.714 o/c said:
you sure you dont want to cafe that thing out?

lol jk that is in immaculate condition!
OH, please don't get me wrong, I love the of look for sure. Very sleek and speedy :D . But my bike was so complete already and weel kept that I did have the heart to change it to the point where it looses it original look. I can tell you one thing, I'm always on the look out for a "cheap cafe project" i9n the very near future. BTW I love the look of your cafe, black rims really set it off :D

·
Registered
336 Posts

Thanks man . I know what you mean . Your bike is very well kept. if you keep it all original it will hold more of its value .
My bike was in fairly good condition butt had mechanical issues . So i just went for the build.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Happy New Years!!!!!! Here's my latest work on the bike :D. Front wheel hub, stripped, multi-wet sanded and polished up. I also attacked the chrome at this time too, it's looking nice and bright now :cool:

The ZIP-TIE TRICK, and pushed the tire on by hand ;)

And finished in 15mins, gonna check and adjust balance if need this weekend.
Everybody have a SAFE and GREAT New Year!

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts

Looking good Mike, nice work on the polishing. Any more info on the zip-tie trick? Or is it just as it looks in the picture, just zip-tie around the tire cinch it up and to ease getting it on, and then cut them off? Nice tip! Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

HerrDeacon said:
Looking good Mike, nice work on the polishing. Any more info on the zip-tie trick? Or is it just as it looks in the picture, just zip-tie around the tire cinch it up and to ease getting it on, and then cut them off? Nice tip! Thanks for posting.
Thanks, I got this trick from another site. An off-road guy had a flat without tools, so this is what he did. I still remove the tire off with conventional spoons. But, then this makes the mounting so easy (I used to always fight/struggle mounting the tire).
1: Inflate the tube some for shape, and place in new tire (don't forget your balance dot/mark)
2: Then begin zip-tieing from the valve stem out in both directions, takes about 10-15 ties *make sure the whole tube is enclosed by both sides of the beads*
3: Let the air out of the tube, and begin going around the tire 2-3 times tighten up the zip-ties until the tire is fairly compressed
4: With just the valve stem exposed, place it in the rim and just start the nut to hold it in place
5: Finally the fun! Work the tire on to wheel with you bare hands (no lube needed :? ), and maybe just one spoon for the final lip ( I didn't have to do this with this tire)
6: Then I tighten up the valve stem nut a little, and begin CAREFULLY cutting the zip-ties, they usually just pop off when you begin to cut them with all the tension
7: inflate to set the bead and adjust the pressure as needed
8:DONE!! Takes me about 15min, with doing all the zip-ties (time consuming portion)
ENJOY

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

HerrDeacon said:
Excellent, thanks Mike. I'll have to put that in the tickle trunk for when I get to the new tire part of my build.
No problem! Really, it's almost like cheating :D > I use to trash my dirt bike rims with monting tires, this technique is so seamless! but, I can take full credit for the idea

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

UPDATE: Just finished my aluminum hard luggage set-up. I had the larger silver case given to me, and I was going to use it as a just a top case, then I came a crossed the two smaller similar cases last week to use as "mini" panniers. I like the look so far and seems pretty useful and keeps with a more "older/vintage look" then a newer large plastic top case. Now I just need to get it mounted to the rack! Enjoy!

Open for full access

Good amount of room

Mini-Pannier mount

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

UPDATE: Reworked my luggage setup. New top case to match the side panniers

Open view with all new dividers, and a fresh smell :D

The addition of water-tight storage cylinders for my extre fuel bottles

1 - 20 of 33 Posts