Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I've started my new project on a 1974 Honda Cb360. I got this bike about 5 years ago in rural Iowa out of an old, decrepit barn that was nearly falling over. A family friend offered the bike to me for free, so I gave him $1 for it. I loaded it up and took the dust ball back to my father's shop, and stuffed it in a corner. A few months later, I moved across the country to Los Angeles and the bike sat. It had been in an abandoned barn for about 15 years, why not add another 5.

Over the holidays, I finally made the effort to drag this bike out West and see what I can do with it. I grew up racing motocross and wrench simple mechanics on my bikes, but far from a 'mechanic'. I figured since I've only invested $1, why not dig all the way in and learn some things. I guess I'm an extreme amateur with big ideas...we will see what trouble I find.

My plans are to fully strip the frame, tune up or possibly rebuild the motor, do some cosmetic modifications, make this a bad ass little scrambler to rip around the neighborhood (and most likely off-road because why not). The last time this bike ran it was ripping around corn fields and hand built jumps in the heartland by so
me teenagers. Until it got a flat tire that would never be fixed. I'm hoping I can revive this old dog into a bike that can rip on of off the road while providing a big old grin on my face like it did on the farm years ago.

Planning to log my work in progress here. No timeline, just as things go and I have time. Hope you enjoy my process, and if no one reads this I'll just tell myself this is a great journaling exercise

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive fuel system Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
22 Posts
That looks like a very cool project! Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress, I am looking forward to hearing it run.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts