Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, friends. So, I screwed up and forgot to shoot pictures of the starter cable routing when I pulled the engine out of my CB200. I never fully removed it from aft of the engine, so it's still threaded through the little hole there and fine and all. My problem is I can't figure out where the cable goes under the engine. Inside the frame rails? Outside? Beneath the engine? Please help me route this stupid cable forward from where it goes into the frame to the solenoid. If anyone has any pictures or advice I'd be much obliged. Oh, and here's a picture of the engine ready to go back in.
48357133_10155664663786143_2909079858950701056_o.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that picture is amazing. I ended up getting that starter cable routed fine and got the bike running. Now I have another electrical question. Where the heck is the turn signal relay on a CB200?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Huh! That's a nice diagram. Is that supposed to be forward of the battery or under the right-hand sidecover?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Not sure, but in many cases I've seen flashers under the seat so possibly behind the battery..? One of the 175/200 knowledge group would know

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Picture lifted from CB2nr thread, flasher relay marked by me with red arrow.

1971CB175K5Restoration027_zpse8d3224c.jpg

It hangs via a rubber band off a bracket bolted to the frame, behind the battery box.

On my bike, I've fitted a 'proper' fuse box, and a flasher relay that works with LED 'bulbs'.

DSCF2854.jpg

That wiring might look odd to some. There is a red wire coming in from the aftermarket regulator rectifier, protected by first fuse in box, thence to live pole of starter relay, to charge battery. Second fuse supplies the ignition switch controlled 'live' side of the bikes circuits, ignition etc. A single fuse would work just as well, which is what I've done on my other 175.

20180726_153743.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts