Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of these? Got one off ebay, and the slot in the back for the camshaft has a gouge from the previous camshaft I presume...Grrr. Help?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Dan, A pic would help explain the "gouge"..., are the edges of the slot rolled over or otherwise damaged enough the "key pin" won't hold it in place?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Forgot to add I may have a spare...will double-check and let you know.... Steve

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Steve-

I tried to post a pic, I got a message saying the "board attachment quota has been reached"....
I was considering the possibility that there might be enough material for the camshaft to stay "locked" in the points cam, but I have been having a tough time keeping this little bike together as it is. So, hopefully the camshaft (also an ebay purchase) will be sound, and free from any damage. I would be happy to pay you for your spare points advancer if you do dig one up.

Dan

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Dan...... I found the "spare" advance unit, but it has the SL 350 parts code numbers on it.... (312 advance with a 369 plate/points..confusing, because it's a running engine, but a "spare").... What numbers are on your advance unit?... Steve

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Dan, Bill got me the information about the advance units. They are interchangable as both were "stock" on the 360's, just from different manufacturers....So, I have it IF YOU NEED IT, but will keep it as my spare otherwise......You may e-mail me........ [email protected] ..... Steve

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve-

The guy that sold me the bunk timing cam said he will replace it, but I have a question for you regarding that. Anyhow, I've got a new camshaft, it's a 76' CB360 (under $20, really nice condition) and I noticed that the tab on the end of it that fits in the points advancer is circular, not rectangular like the slot on the points advancer mechanism.
Do you know if this is an issue? Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Not an issue, the stock cam pin is round....It simply "keys" the advance unit......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.