1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1974 CB360
Hi. Within 50 miles oil level dropped by half
There are no oil spots on driveway
Have not found evidence of oil on or around the engine Took a look at the plugs and there is no oil residue on them they looked good I just can’t think of where it is disappearing to I have a Honda shop manual and have been riding and working on cb360’s for 10 plus years I’ve never had this issue before. Where is my oil hiding
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it has a breather hose on it
I didn’t see anything that was irregular coming out the hose
There is no extra gunk surrounding that area. I’ve never experienced this before. I’ve lost oil before but I’ve always found how I lost it
This time it’s like my oil is disappearing I can’t imagine someone stealing it

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
How is the exhaust? Valve guide seals could be hard and leaking a little (if leaking a lot it looks like a two stroke :eek:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How is the exhaust? Valve guide seals could be hard and leaking a little (if leaking a lot it looks like a two stroke
)
The exhaust is normal and feels even on both sides. Running stock pipes The drain hole on the lowest part is clean on both sides. The pipes are of even and not excessive soot or gunk on the ends at the back ( exit ends) Guide seals. I have no idea I would think I’d be able to see smoke in exhaust or other evidence if it leaked that much into the combustion chamber Would I be able to see it in the exhaust?

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Quite often you can only see the blue smoke at night when someone is behind you and your stationary at red light or junction. If bike is getting hot enough (10~30 miles) there won't be a terrific build up in exhaust outlet. My 360 didn't seem to be smoking much but was using oil, however, taking it to Daytona a few years ago did the valve seals on the way home. I guess getting it real hot for 50+ miles letting it cool down a few hours and getting very hot coming home was just too much for 37 yr old seals.( I did a run to Cocoa Beach a few weeks earlier without any problems) I thought I had broken a piston ring as it was smoking so bad but when I stripped it, top end was fine, everything in spec except valve guide seals (in and ex broken on right cyl)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quite often you can only see the blue smoke at night when someone is behind you and your stationary at red light or junction. If bike is getting hot enough (10~30 miles) there won't be a terrific build up in exhaust outlet. My 360 didn't seem to be smoking much but was using oil, however, taking it to Daytona a few years ago did the valve seals on the way home. I guess getting it real hot for 50+ miles letting it cool down a few hours and getting very hot coming home was just too much for 37 yr old seals.( I did a run to Cocoa Beach a few weeks earlier without any problems) I thought I had broken a piston ring as it was smoking so bad but when I stripped it, top end was fine, everything in spec except valve guide seals (in and ex broken on right cyl)
Could there be another reason to
Account for missing oil While having no visible oil on the exterior of the engine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts