Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Im doing my first ever motorcycle rebuild on a 73 SL350 K2. So far everything is going according to plan besides 1 thing. I am re-assembling the motor after tearing it down completely and cleaning, painting, honing the cylinders, replacing a few parts, etc. As im re-assembling, the one thing that gets me is the kickstart shaft. it seems so loose in the case and i feellike im missing a shim, but i have everything according to the schematic:
Capture.jpg

Is this how its supposed to be? i dont remember it being so sloppy when i was tearing down.....

also, does item 10 go inside the case or outside?

any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Can't help with your issue but welcome to the group.

Answers can be a bit slow in coming on weekends but we do have folks here who will help you out.

Got any pictures of the bike?:p

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Hello all!

Im doing my first ever motorcycle rebuild on a 73 SL350 K2. So far everything is going according to plan besides 1 thing. I am re-assembling the motor after tearing it down completely and cleaning, painting, honing the cylinders, replacing a few parts, etc. As im re-assembling, the one thing that gets me is the kickstart shaft. it seems so loose in the case and i feellike im missing a shim, but i have everything according to the schematic:
View attachment 216921

Is this how its supposed to be? i dont remember it being so sloppy when i was tearing down.....

also, does item 10 go inside the case or outside?

any help would be appreciated!
Everything except #7, 12, and 9 goes inside the case.
Be advised that, unlike the SL K0 (and most other Hondas), this kicker does not work through the clutch, it engages the crank directly.
So you should be able to kick the bike over even with the clutch lever pulled in.
It's normal for it all to feel a bit loose.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here are a few images of the motorcycle when i first bought it. pretty good shape for $400! Notice the kawi lurking in the background ;)
also a pciture of the frame and the motorafter paint
Attach75372_20170909_131643.jpg Attach75351_20170909_094736.jpg Attach82327_20171022_131621.jpg Attach83189_20171028_180542.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts