Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, Im just starting to figure out what Im going to do with this CL and I was wondering if you guys could help me identify what front end I have on this thing. The fork tubes are 35mm and it looks like the lights on the triple tree are different. Im trying to decide If I want to rebuild these forks(new tubes, springs, emulators, SS lines) or go for a cogniotmoto type modern front end swap. Thanks!

IMG_3759.jpg IMG_3774.jpg IMG_3771.jpg IMG_3769.jpg IMG_3764.jpg IMG_3767.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Might you possibly have a 73 CB350? That would explain the disc brake. You can check the identification plate on the steering neck.

·
Registered
828 Posts
CB350's and CL350's have 33mm fork tubes.

I would venture a guess that you have CB550 forks and triple tree. Very good set up compared to the originals.

You may want to price out both options as the one drawback is your current disc brake. You will probably need a new master, lines and the caliper rebuilt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's definitely a CL350. The neck tag says 6/72 CL350... I thought it was a '73 so maybe it was left over and sold as a '73? Not too sure. Ill know more once I take apart the forks and have a better look at the tubes. I was thinking it was from a CB500 or CB550 too. Going with the modern front end is quite a bit more money but pretty much everything is nicer about it, with the exception of losing the gear driven speedo and increasing the trail a bit. I plan to get a new master and SS lines if I keep the old set up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts