Honda Twins banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Just picked up a 73 CL350 project. Missing the seat and the PO's had the wrong mufflers on and thought they were correct. It basically needs the seat, a set of pipes, airfilters and tires. They messed with the top end and got the timing off.

My story is I never rode a motorcycle until I was 47, back in 2005. Now I can't get enough. I went through a 2005 Honda Ruckus, a 1981 Suzuki TS185, a 2008 Honda Ruckus, a 2008 Yamaha TW200, a 1970 Honda Z50AK1, a 1967 Honda CL90, a 2005 Suzuki M50, then after some bad times, got a 1984 Honda Gyro (my daily driver), a 1986 Honda Spree and finally the 1973 Honda CL350. Yeah a lot of scooters in there, but they are fun.

So, I'm on the lookout for a seat and the exhaust (whether it be a CL350 or CB350).

Anyways, nice forums you got here, and here are a few pics of the CL:

I'll be starting a build thread soon. And thanks for the welcome!!

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Welcome to the site. Man, that's quite a lot of bikes in five years. I thought I was bad with four in three years. :shock:

Really looking forward to checking out your build thread and seeing you work through the 350.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I've worked at automobile and aircraft plants most of my life, I have the "skills" for wrenching, but I lack at most other things. I hope I can get the few parts I need so I can start riding before the snow flies.

Here's a couple pics of my other creations.

1967 CL90/S90

1970 Z50AK1

1973 Schwinn Twinn

1984 Gyro

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the site. That looks like it should be a fun project. Look forward to seeing your progress.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Welcome, I have that same Scrambler. Great bike and yours looks like it will be a keeper.. The stock exhausts are getting hard to find. The one I have on mine looks good but rattles inside when the bike is revved up. I think that is pretty typical so that would be a question to ask of a seller if you are going to pay top dollar for some. I think the one that is on your bike is pretty cool. If they sound good I would be temted to adapt some heat shields on them and run those. I have a seat but it is for an older 350 and hinges from the back. You may need to stay with a Scrambler seat since I think the CB is different. Maybe someone can comment on that who knows for sure.
Don

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcomes! Yes, PNW is the place to be, I guess...

I think the pipes are too much for my tastes, just have to find the right look.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
May I recommend the "early" scrambler look.....

"straight pipes with internal baffles...."
:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
66Sprint said:
May I recommend the "early" scrambler look.....

"straight pipes with internal baffles...."
:D :D :D :D :D
That's a good looking bike! Now where would I find baffled straight pipes?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
I've always wanted one of those Honda Gyros..

GB :mrgreen:
It's a fun scooter. I picked it up for $100, completely tore it down (didn't open the engine or transmission), cleaned it up, replaced a few things here and there, registered it and approximately $400 later (including the cost of the scooter and reg.) I have a rare bike. I've heard tell they only imported 2500 of these to the US.

Showing the swivel action!

VW resonator tips......
Do those fit? I'll have to check into that.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've never seen one of those. That thing is awesome. I want one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts