Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: Ignore title I'm an idiot and didn't proofread the title at all. It's a 73 cl125

I recently got a 73 cl125 and need to get myself a new kill/light switch for it but as expected it's a pain in the ass to source. Is there any type of universal that will work? I'm not to concerned with keeping it all OEM at this moment in time I just want to get it up and running and as i get OEM parts they can go on. It's more important for me to get it on the road and have some fun first since the weather is nice. What years and models have interchangeable switches so I can possible source of those? The other question is I'm having a hard time starting it sometimes until I fiddle with the kill switch wires (or maybe I'm just really bad at kick starting the bike). How does it work on this bike? If the wires are connected the kill switch is active and suppresses spark or does the connection complete the ground so the bike can spark? Any help would be awesome, thanks.

Edit: Connecting the black/black white wires completes the circuit and allows the bike to start. Hopefully this is helpful for someone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a decent price for it too, nice find Jim. lovethellama , glad you're going to keep it original
Eventually it will all be original but I am going to make do with aftermarket parts for now if need be just to get it running and ride it around a bit. As OEM stuff shows up I'll swap it out but for now I just want it to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts