Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
This should help.

1973 HONDA CB450 parts bike.
Bought it from a friend clearing out a rental property so there is no title.
The bike is mostly all there and the fenders tank and side covers all look pretty good.
what you see is what you get..

7800 miles!

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
No spark plugs or r/h carb, motor's probably stuck. No clutch cable or shift lever, wiring is dangling out from under the tank. Looks like a $100 parts bike.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Great parts bike, lots of profit potential if one is so inclined.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I’d be all over that in a hot minute for $200 in my part of the world

·
Registered
581 Posts
7.5 hour drive plus a bullet from the wife. Hmm.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its only about 30 minutes away from me, but I only want the handlebars and tank. I dont think I could sell the rest anywhere to get the my money back out of it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Taught her to shoot did you?
We live in a fairly rural county in Kentucky where we hear automatic gunfire almost daily. I didn't teach her, but I'm sure that she's absorbed the ability by now.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
We live in a fairly rural county in Kentucky where we hear automatic gunfire almost daily.
We don't hear it daily here, but at least a day or two a week and often, on weekends, multiple times a day from multiple locations around us. I always try to trust in the fact that the locals likely grew up with firearms and have the common sense that goes along with gun ownership, so that I won't catch a stray round while just going out to my garage...

·
Banned
854 Posts
Bullets travel a long way, kinda scary having to rely on the good judgement of the person squeezing off a bunch of rounds to do so safely. Reminds me of when you see militants in other parts of the world firing celebratory gun bursts into the air. I always would wonder where those bullets came down?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
No doubt... of course, they don't care, but someone somewhere over there does and likely gets hit once in a while. Most of the heavy gunfire in my overall area is quite a way from me, but occasionally a (jerky) neighbor down the street a few acres shoots in his yard, and the guy who owns 7 acres out in front of our development (and on the other side of the fence across from our acre's backyard) shoots sometimes - but he's a good ol' boy, has horses, farm animals, a tractor, a few trucks, an airboat, a motorhome, an above-ground car lift and works on some pretty good-sounding hot rod engines now and then so I'm guessing he's up to date on firearm behavior. Still, I try to stay in a building when the gunplay is going on, whether the house or the garage

·
Banned
854 Posts
I have no doubt they are being safe 99% of the time but it's that 1% you gotta worry about. Bullets aren't cheap, the cost must pile up pretty quick when you are going hog wild with an AR-15.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Agree - I had a Mac10 for a short while and you could go through ammo in a hurry despite it being semi-auto. I always think the same thing when the distant gunfire is going on down the road from me, and they're doing it for 5 to 10 minutes straight with semi-auto pieces, with only short reload moments in between (must be changing clips). Not to mention the lead infusion into their property... wonder what effect that has on the grass that their cattle or horses graze on?

·
Banned
854 Posts
The lead is definitely an issue over time, it ends up in the water sooner or later and there isn't anything good about that.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yep... think about all the wars, major or not, and all the ammo in the water and land pretty much everywhere... Mother Earth is a big planet and a forgiving environment, but there's only so much she can do

1 - 20 of 20 Posts