Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new and I think this is going to be a very noobish question since I can't find the answer anywhere.....

I just got a '73 CB350 and I can't find an owner's manual for it, nor can I find where on the bike it says what the appropriate tire pressures should be.

Does anyone know? It would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,
Morgan

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
From the 350G owner's manual... Up to 200lb load: Front (cold) 26 PSI, Rear 28
Up to vehicle capacity (300lbs) front 26, rear 34

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have to make a caveat to using the original tire pressure specs...

Using the original pressure specs is only advisable if you A) have the original tires on it (I hope not), or B) have replacement tires with the same load range/max pressure.

The original pressures will probably get you in the ball park, but may not be best. Unfortunately, I can't tell you the formula to figure out what you should use, but probably 75% of the max would be good.

71hondacbtwin

·
Premium Member
7,865 Posts
just to clarify... you mean 75% of the max listed on the tire?

Personally I run tire pressure based on the weather. 30 F, 28 R when it's cold like now
32 F, 30 R in moderate weather and 34F, 32R in really hot weather.

The tire guys at the race track will tell you that tire pressue should be determined by tire temperature for optimal operating. lower preasure means hotter tires, higher = cooler. when running tubes the tires run hotter than tubeless so in general tubed tires should run more pressure than tubeless.

If you want to really know, send an email to the tire company. they'll tell you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts