Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the dimensions of the 73 cb350 fork springs? I want to put progressive wound springs in my 73 cb350 forks, and that year unlike previous years has internal springs that can be easily upgraded like later models. Normally, the company that makes them can tell you exactly what size to buy for your bike, but they don't have info on the 350 because only one year has internal springs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What are the dimensions of the 73 cb350 fork springs? I want to put progressive wound springs in my 73 cb350 forks, and that year unlike previous years has internal springs that can be easily upgraded like later models. Normally, the company that makes them can tell you exactly what size to buy for your bike, but they don't have info on the 350 because only one year has internal springs.
Hello, see if spring seller has a listing for CB350-4, or CB400-4. If you can get diameter, length, specs and compare with what you have installed. I'm not sure if size is correct, but forks on those models are very similar, and only used a few years. They had an internal damper rod that threads into top cap of fork tube. If your CB350 has internal fork springs it is likely a CB350G model. Does it have disc brake? Does frame and engine numbers start with a "5". If so it's a "G" model and was likely sold in 1973, model designation is CB350G. That model was released in 1973, but has no "model year" designation from Honda. The disc brake makes it different from all the other CB350s, and it had a short production run. A photo would help, is it purple, green or orange? Good Luck John

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John, you're right that it's a G with a disc brake. That was the only year of 350s that had the internal springs, as far as I can tell. When I had them apart--- if I'm remembering right--- I think they were like later internal-spring forks with the damper rod attached to the fork lowers with a bolt accessible from where the axle goes, and the tube caps are regular nuts with o-rings. I could be remembering wrong though. I'm hoping to figure out the spring size without having to take the springs out so I can avoid the mess, but if no one is sure of the size I may have to.

·
Registered
891 Posts

425 mm length
22 mm outer diameter
14 mm inner diameter

K4, K5 and G models used this set up.
I put a set of CB360 forks on my K5 CL350 for the full chrome on the tubes and more internal options. Fenders, brakes etc all bolt on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts