Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

After receiving back a set of carbs from vapor blasting, I noticed one of the plugs covering the idle fuel metering area is missing. Looks like wax, feels like plastic on the other carb. Any ideas on what a suitable replacement plug would be?

Also, There looks like a brass circle. On one carb there looks to be a small hole in the center, but the other carb it's not so obvious. Is that a passage that needs to be cleaned/open?

Thanks,
Just

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
You will need to plug the Large Hole. I'd consider a Nylon or Delron type of synthetic. Measured to within .001- .005 inch oversized then freeze that part while warming the body in a 200 deg. oven. Insert the part quickly and it should be a light press fit. When everything equalizes temp it will be will fine.

The brass part is the bowl vent. It must be clear. Use a spray carb cleaner with the nozzle tube to be sure it is clear.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need to plug the Large Hole. I'd consider a Nylon or Delron type of synthetic. Measured to within .001- .005 inch oversized then freeze that part while warming the body in a 200 deg. oven. Insert the part quickly and it should be a light press fit. When everything equalizes temp it will be will fine.

The brass part is the bowl vent. It must be clear. Use a spray carb cleaner with the nozzle tube to be sure it is clear.
Thanks for the reply. I measured the plug at 8mm diameter and 5mm deep (just above the first passage hole). Since I don't have a source for the right size press fit nylon, nor the ability to make one, I took a shot with some silicone plugs for powder coating. I think it worked great, I just plugged it and trimmed the excess with a razor.

Also bowl vent is cleared. Thanks for that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts